Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Mom's Night Out

Last night I was treated to a mom's night out with the Baby Boot Camp mamas.  It was so needed.  I realized that I had not been away from Audrey in over six weeks.  I love my baby girl but every once in awhile a mom needs to recharge and just be responsible for herself.  

It was a dinner and movie night.  A local burrito place had a special $13 for any menu item, a drink and a movie ticket.  I thought it was a fantastic deal.  I got to see the new Cohen Brothers "Burn After Reading".  I really enjoyed the movie.  It was good and quirky, just what you would expect from a Cohen Bros. creation.  I also enjoyed the fact that it was set in the DC area.  I went on a city tour with my mother-in-law on Monday which included the Georgetown area.  I was proud that I could recognize the area while watching the movie!  I am slowly feeling like a local.

My mother-in-law Liz left for home this morning.  Liz, Audrey and I drove up from Charlotte on Friday.  We had a wonderful visit, and I got to play tourist a bit which was great.  I really need to make more of an effort to get in the city and see the sites.  It really is an amazing place.  I wish Liz a very safe trip back to Charlotte.  It is a long drive and I hope it goes nice and smooth.  We had our share of excitement on the drive up.  Just north of Greensboro, NC we had a total blow out with one of the tires.  I have never seen a tire literally charred and smoking.  There was a two inch gap and over a foot of tire missing.  Thankfully it was a rear tire and we were able to safely get to the side of the road.  AAA was there within 30 minutes and we were off in search of new tires.  All was well and everyone was safe, that is all you can ask for.

This coming weekend we are looking forward to a visit from our Portland friends Matt, Cecily and Dylan Williams.  They will be in town for a couple of nights while on an east coast vacation.  Hopefully we will be meeting up to watch a Duck victory.  Jimmy, Audrey and I are also planning on checking out the Library of Congress' 2008 National Book Festival.  There will be over 70 authors featured including a large children's book area.  








No comments: