Monday, August 25, 2008

Settling In



Greetings from DC...okay technically North Bethesda, Maryland.  

Now as most of you know, I am not the most computer savvy person around and this is very 21st century of me to start a blog, but I am willing to give it a shot.  I want to share this crazy adventure, keep in touch, and have something to look back on once we are home again.  

The condo we are renting is working out great.  The building is very nice and has some fun amenities.  I think this is Jimmy's favorite...





This is a free coffee/tea station that is in the lobby.  It has been a lot of fun so far!

Here are some other shots from around the building:












This is the "Sky Box" or party room of of the pool area.  It is on the roof so there are very cool views.









Audrey playing with "Lion" on our unit's deck (it is crazy big 700+ square feet!)




I have actually really enjoyed living without a car.  It has been fun finding creative ways to get around and accomplish what needs to get done.  I don't think we could have found a more perfect place to try the carless life style.  Here are a few pictures of immediate area.  These are all within steps of our front door:










 
























Audrey is letting me know that my alloted computer time for the day has expired.  I hope you enjoyed our little snapshot of life in DC.

-Kristen

4 comments:

The Cigar Maiden said...

Exciting! I'll check your blog regularly!

xoxo
Mia

Jessica Baker said...

Yay for blogs! Your place looks beautiful. We miss you!!

swimshig said...

Wow! It looks so cool and I hope that we are able to come out and visit you guys. I am so sorry we didn't get to see you before you guys took off. We miss you guys already! Can't wait to see all of your adventures =)

Unknown said...

I'm so glad that things seem to be working out well for you guys. The place looks beautiful - what a fun adventure!

Keep blogging - and welcome to the digital age. :)